Thursday 17 July 2014

To New Beginnings - Cheers!

I have to be honest... I'm petrified. Athough I know that I'm making the best decision for me, it is pretty daunting. Today has not been without tears :(

After a long day at work before I walked out for two weeks, I had a herbal tea date with a close friend. By the time I got home it was after Eight pm, and by the time I had dinner,  packed, and changedy bedsheets it was after Ten pm. Before I sleep I have to have a shower with some medical soap the hospital gave me at my pre-op appointment. I have to do this again in the morning to make sure I'm super clean. Some other instructions I have been given include fasting from midnight (easy), removing all my jewelery and nailpolish, and making sure I do not apply any makeup or perfume in the morning.  The latter is the hatdrst for me,  not because I love makeup but because it is something I do when I need  a confidence boost. How to prepare for battle without my warpaint?

I have to be at the hospital at Six Thirty in the morning. I have been told that I will be the first operation of the day which is set for Eight am.  Apparently the procedure will take over two hours and then I'll have a few hours in recovery.  Hopefully I will be out on Monday, but in the meantime I will have my family, friends, Game of Thrones, Mills and Boon, and you to keep me entertained.

I can't imagine how I'm going to feel after the surgery.  Every blog I have seen dsyd that people are not hungry after the surgery but that just feels unimaginable.  I shall let you if it's true!

Anyway,  it will be fine.  I know it will.

I better get showered and get some Zzzz's.

Goodnight :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa, I'm thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi :) I was released from hospital this morning so am now home and taking it easy. I don't think I was prepared for the nausea, but I am doing well now.

      Delete