Tuesday 10 February 2015

This Didn't Happen Overnight....But It Did Happen!


This is less of a blog entry and more of a pictorial story for you all. A question I am often asked is "Have I always been fat?" ...and my answer is always "Generally, yes! but I really ballooned leading into puberty and since then my weight has always fluctuated". How better to demonstrate this than to show you some photos of me as a grew up (please excuse the obvious missing photos through high school - I need to search for these).
 
So here is the story of my life, the story of how Theresa grew up to have surgery and eventually learn that each mouthful had to be chewed by no less than Twentysix Bites.

 
Me as a baby of 6-9 months - Yes, my mum use to powder between each roll!
Pretty sure I weigh more than my 3 year old sister on the left at this stage.
...shall we count the rolls?
 
...at age 3 I had thinned out slightly, but was still wearing clothes for older kids.
 


Pretty cute if I do say so myself, but I remember one of my dad's friends asking when my baby was due....

 
Holy Communion at age 10 - I had borrowed my 13 year old friends dress to wear and it was still a tight squeeze....
 
Age 11 - Notice that I am rounding out again?
Let's not pretend I look like an average 11/12 year old here....
 
Age 12 - This dress was bought from Rockman's ladies fashion store as a size 14/16....
Age 14- There I am to the far Left....
I had just lost heaps of weight - Travelling in 2006

2007 - Gaining weight again...
University Exhibition - 2007/8

Early 20's -  to the far Right

Spot the fatty - 2008 in Bahrain

Exhausted and tired from walking in Jordan - 2008

Trying to smile after a long walk - Jordan 2008

My sisters wedding in 2009 
 
My Final Masters Exhibition in 2009 - I had just lost 17kg since the above photo....
2010 - Fish spa in KL and flying had started to become a tight squeeze...
I am the one with the huge buttocks on the far Left - 2010

Trying to look glamorous in 2011/12 - Second from the Right

A dinner party in 2012 - Far Left

Getting to my biggest weight in Thailand - Jan 2014

Thailand - Jan 2014
A few weeks before surgery- June 2014

 

1 comment:

  1. You've shared some great tips in your article your post are brilliant. Hope you will continue writing.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete